[MPICH] Having Problems When Linking with Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0

Calin Iaru calin at dolphinics.no
Mon Oct 30 02:39:45 CST 2006

Hi Sertaç,

you mentioned VC 6.0 as your application compiler. You should download
the latest Platform SDK and use the compiler from there. The link errors
below are generated due to the fact that the mpi library has been
compiled with a more recent version of MS C compiler which has added the
extra symbols. The Platform SDK can be found on
www.msdn.com/PlatformSDK; you can integrate the Platform SDK supplied
compiler with the IDE by using the msdev /useenv swich.

Best regards,
Calin