[MPICH] pthread_kill(thread,SIGSTOP) is killing the whole process instead of killing the thread

Rajeev Thakur thakur at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Nov 23 09:30:17 CST 2006

If you call MPI functions from multiple threads, you will need a thread-safe
version of MPI. MPICH 1.2.4 is not thread-safe. MPICH2 1.0.4 is. Also,
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r2/ic2924/index.htm?info/apis/users_
95.htm says that sending SIGKILL to a thread kills the entire process.

Rajeev

  _____