[MPICH] MPICH Fortran examples hang under OS X

Geoff Jacobs gdjacobs at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 13:26:25 CST 2006

Steve Kargl wrote:

> I would be interesting in your findings.  I run
>
> node10:kargl[209] mpich2version
> Version:           1.0.3
> Device:            ch3:sock
>
> on FreeBSD 6.1 with
>
> node10:kargl[210] gfc --version
> GNU Fortran 95 (GCC) 4.2.0 20060915 (experimental)
>
> I'll also note that I routinely contribute and review patches
> to gfortran.

I might be less help than I would like... the problem occurred
originally on my workstation, which tracks Debian testing.
Unfortunately, I didn't preserve revision info when the problem
originally occurred, and it has since been patched as of

# ompi_info | head -n 2
                Open MPI: 1.1
   Open MPI SVN revision: r10477

and

# gfortran --version | head -n 1
GNU Fortran 95 (GCC) 4.1.2 20061028 (prerelease) (Debian 4.1.1-19)

--
Geoffrey D. Jacobs

Go to the Chinese Restaurant,
Order the Special