[MPICH] mpich2 on windows

xian guo xian.guo at esrd.com
Wed May 24 16:40:52 CDT 2006

Hi,

   I have two window machines. Machine A is domain controller and B is
client. I have a MPI GUI application so I run my application using

mpiexec -n 1 -localroot application

   Inside my application, I spawn a task on another machine using
MPI_Comm_spawn.

   This works fine if I start application on the domain controller A, but
stop working if I start application from client B.

   If application is a console application and if I don't use localroot
option, everything works fine.

   Conclusion: it seems if I use localroot option, the "master" must be on
the domain controller.

   I appreciate any help to resolve this issue.

Xian Guo