[MPICH] FW: Mpich2 submission question.

Rajeev Thakur thakur at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Mar 7 15:27:53 CST 2006

Forwarding bounced message...

------------------------------
From: "Galton, Simon" <galtons at aecl.ca>
Subject: Mpich2 submission question.
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 09:46:02 -0500

Howdy, folks.

I've been scouring the mpich2 documentation, and I've read over the source
code, and I seem to be missing something, somewhere... :)

I notice that when you submit an mpich2 job, the first process accumulates
no CPU (unless you submit a 1-cpu job).  I expect it's just a control
process.

Is there anything I can do to make this an "active" process?

Simon

CONFIDENTIAL AND PRIVILEGED INFORMATION NOTICE

This e-mail, and any attachments, may contain information that
is confidential, subject to copyright, or exempt from disclosure.
Any unauthorized review, disclosure, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of or reliance on this information
may be unlawful and is strictly prohibited.