[MPICH] gdb readline not working

Rusty Lusk lusk at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jun 5 17:03:37 CDT 2006

The program you are interacting with via stdio is mpiexec, not gdb
directly.  (Mpiexec is delivering your input to one or more of the gdb
processes through the mpd manager structure.)  Mpiexec does not
implement all (any) of the gnu readline features, nor does it want to
use the gnu readline library itself, because of licensing issues.

It would be great if someone wanted to contribute some of these features
to mpiexec's stdin handling.

Rusty Lusk