[MPICH2 Req #2556] Re: [MPICH] Parallel I/O problems on 64-bit machine (pleasehelp:-( )

Peter Diamessis pjd38 at cornell.edu
Fri Jun 2 14:15:43 CDT 2006

Hi Rajeev,

Thanks so much for the pointer. I feel quite embarrassed that I didn't
notice it
and I apologize if I took too much of your time. I had foolishly patterned
the
code after the example you have in the MPICH-2 book (figure 3.33). I guess
this code worked deceptively well on a 32-bit machine to never draw my
attention to my mistake.
So now the code does work perfectly when compiled with either MPICH1
(v1.2.6)
and MPICH2 (v2.1.0.3) but still has problems with MPICH1 -v1.2.7p1.
I don't know if this is related to Michael's comment.

I'm also finding that a separate postprocessing code that I have works fine
with MPICH1 but not MPICH2, uggghhh :-) I'll look into this myself however,
before I bother you again.

Again, I really appreciate the help and I hope I wasn't that much of a
hassle.

Cheers,

Peter