[MPICH] Initializing MPICH2

Rajeev Thakur thakur at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jul 20 14:03:06 CDT 2006

MPI-2 has a feature called Singleton MPI_Init by which a process that was
not started as an MPI job can become an MPI process by calling MPI_Init.
http://www.mpi-forum.org/docs/mpi-20-html/node112.htm
However, the size of MPI_COMM_WORLD will be 1; that is, any number of
processes can call MPI_Init, but each will get its own comm_world of size 1.

Rajeev