[MPICH] problem with absfot f90 using MPICH2

Shi Jin jinzishuai at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 16 21:48:47 CST 2006

Hi there

I have been trying to build mpich2-1.0.3 using our
absoft f90(version 8.0) compiler. I used ./configure
--enable-f90 to build it without any problem but when
I use it, I get the following linking error:
 undefined reference to `MPI_CONVERSION_FN_NULL'
undefined reference to `PMPI_WTIME'
undefined reference to `PMPI_WTICK'
Even the test f90 mpi codes do not work.

I tried changing the building options but at no luck.
I also tried to follow the suggestions in the
installation mannual to set up the enviroment and
compiler switches specifically for absoft compilers.
Same problems.

I wonder if anyone knows what is the problem. I did a
google search but not finding too much information.
Only thread relevent is that a recent bug fix added
the `MPI_CONVERSION_FN_NULL'. I don't know what can be
said for this but it might be a hint for the experts.

I would appreciate any help.
Thank you very much.
Shi