[MPICH] Redirecting standard/error io

William Gropp gropp at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Jan 8 17:38:30 CST 2006

At 02:40 AM 12/26/2005, David Minor wrote:
>In mpiexiec, is there a way to direct standard input to /dev/null and/or
>a way to direct standard and error output to a file?

As Rusty mentions, this should work for mpd.  The gforker version of
mpiexec has a bug in the current release that sends both stdout and stderr
to stdout, but you should be able to redirect stdout to a file or to
/dev/null .  For our nightly tests, we redirect stdout and stderr to a
file.  Is there a particular problem that you are having?  We'd like this
to work just like it was any other Unix command.

Bill

>David Minor
>Orbotech

William Gropp