[MPICH] running mpich in 1 computer only

Marc Glenn Jamon marcglennjamon at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 5 08:30:07 CST 2006

my /etc/hosts

  localhost             <myipaddress>
  localhost1           <myipaddress>
  localhost2           <myipaddress>
  localhost3           <myipaddress>
  localhost4           <myipaddress>

  thats how it looks

  BTW, how can i run mpd? Is it in the bin folder>?

Thomas Bennett <lmzxq.tom at gmail.com> wrote:
  Not too sure what the problem is, but how is your /etc/hosts file is setup looking. Is your hostname a localhost alias?

Otherwise I found mpdcheck very useful for debugging...

Regards
Tom

  On 05/01/06, Yann Golanski <yann at kierun.org> wrote:  Quoth Marc Glenn Jamon on Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 02:03:07 -0800
> HI everyone... I have tried so many things debugging problems but I
> still can't make my MPICH installation work. Here are the list of what
> I have done so far.

What OS/falvour are you using?

Is mpd running?

--
yann at kierun.org                  -=*=-                      www.kierun.org
    PGP:   009D 7287 C4A7 FD4F 1680  06E4 F751 7006 9DE2 6318