[MPICH] running mpich in 1 computer only

Marc Glenn Jamon marcglennjamon at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 5 04:03:20 CST 2006

  HI everyone... I have tried so many things debugging problems but I still can't make my MPICH installation work. Here are the list of what I have done so far.

  1. download mpich.tar.gz
  2. install mpich using ./configure and make tee | c.log -- im not quite sure of the syntax but i got the install procedure from mpichmanchp4.pdf
      i used the /usr/local/mpich-1.2.7/ as its directory. There i executed the necessary configure and make procedures

  3. run a sample program in installtest folder...
      the compilation seems ok...           make cpi
      when i will run it using /usr/local/mpich-1.2.7/bin/mpirun -np 4 cpi
      i get this error
        localhost: Connection refused
  p0_4977:  p4_error: Child process exited while making connection to remote process on localhost2: 0
p0_4977: (37.016604) net_send: could not write to fd=4, errno = 32

  4. I tried configuring mpich to use ssh rather than ssh but i still get the same error

  5. I tried to run binaries which are compiled from other machines and it runs perfectly.
      Thats very odd. i think i have a problem at compilation but the error tells me i its the    connection
  6. Now IM STUCKED!!! Pls help me...

  tnx in advance

  -Marc Glenn Jamon