[MPICH] issues in linking stage when trying to compile one of our apps.

Clements, Brent M (SAIC) brent.clements at bp.com
Mon Feb 27 21:39:23 CST 2006

Hello I am getting a number of undefined references including

: undefined reference to `mpi_init_'

undefined reference to `mpi_finalize_'

and so on and so on, basically every mpi function call in our code keeps getting "undefined references"

Here is our command line.

mpicxx -ldl -lpthread -g2c -lm -I/opt/intel/fce/9.0/include -o /tmp/exec.exe *.o \
           /home/vip/code_vip/v2003d8/LINUX/exec_em_mpi.a\
           -L/home/vip/code_vip/LINUX_lib_em_mpi\
           -lblitzpakv2003r5\
           -lexcelv14r0\
           -lslatec\
           -lLINUXvdbapi\
           -ldbtools\
           -lprolib\
           -ls_xandcdum\
           -lxerces-c1_5_1\
           -lflex\
           -lLGC_CommonLicensing_pic\
           /opt/intel/fce/9.0/lib/libifport.a /opt/intel/fce/9.0/lib/libifcore.a /opt/intel/fce/9.0/lib/libimf.a  /opt/intel/fce/9.0/lib/libirc.a

Don't mind the intel fortran library calls, we do this on purpose and we've determined that they are not the cause of the issues.

Am I missing anything in the compile commandline or does it appear that anything is out of order?

Thanks,
Brent