[MPICH] perl pipe to mpich

Sundar J jsundar at iitk.ac.in
Tue Feb 14 00:56:11 CST 2006

people ,
            Now suppose a process need to be accessed inside perl then
we can open a pipe for it using IPC::open3 module.

the syntax as such will be

open3(*WRITE, *READ, *READ_STDERR, $Child)

where say $Child = "simple.exe" is the process we need to access. Then
the child process can be written to using WRITE handler, read from using
the READ handler etc.

now suppose i have a mpi compiled executable. To execute that say i am
issuing the following command  mpiexec -n 4 simple.exe.

now will i be able to open a pipe for this process. if so how can i do that?