[MPICH] How an MPI process responds to signals ?

Ravi ravi gotothati at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 22:40:18 CST 2006

Hi ,

 I want to know one thing about the Signals and MPI Processes.

>From

http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/mpi/mpi-standard/mpi-report-1.1/node26.htm#Node26

 It is said that the implementation should not effect the actual behavior of
the MPI environment.

   How normally MPICH is implemented ?? How the MPI Process will catch the
signal and handles them.
If the signal has to be processed while the MPI call is being executed ,
what is the result after the executing the signal handler? Wil that behavior
is fixed or varies?
Can the signal handler end that process or thread of execution?
Which vendor implemention gives consistant output when using signal and
handlers?

Thanks for the attention.
Ravi.Thati
Our attempts may fail but we should not fail to attempt.