[MPICH] Response too slow! running "mpiexec -n 5 cpi"

章少衡 shc1515 at yahoo.com.tw
Tue Aug 15 01:47:18 CDT 2006

>From Ralph's mention :
I have tried running this pgm on a couple of custers and could not
reproduce the problem, i.e. all stderr print appears instantly.

I remembered some hosts were not set up by myself.
Hence, i divided them into 2 groups according to the constructors.
Then tested "mpiexec -n 4 cpi" again.
The first group could run "mpiexec -n 4 cpi" very quickly.
However, the problem i stated still happened on the second group of hosts.
After corrected /etc/hosts in the hosts of the second group, two groups can response very quickly.
i will continue the other test...

Thank everyone who ever thought about my question.