[MPICH] Using MPICH on Mac?

James Frye frye at cs.unr.edu
Wed Aug 9 17:07:45 CDT 2006

Hi,

Just wondering whether MPICH2 will run on a MacOS 10 system?  And if so,
whether there's anything special that the user needs to do?

I seem to remember occasional mentions on the list of people running on
Mac machines, but I skipped past them at the time.  Now I have a user who
wants to learn MPI programming on their Mac, and I can't find anything
explicit when I look back through the archives.

The user would just be running on the single machine, not actually trying
to set up a Mac cluster.

Thanks,
James