[Fwd: [MPICH] How to build MPICH2 on a Myrinet Cluster]

Susan Blackford susan at myri.com
Sat Apr 1 10:32:31 CST 2006

Hi, Tao,

We saw your posting on the MPICH list.

Which type of Myrinet NICs do you have?
      http://www.myri.com/cgi-bin/fom?file=337

Do you have Myrinet-2000 NICs?
      * PCI64-based (PCI64B, PCI64C) or
      * PCIX-based (PCIXD, PCIXF, PCIXE))

Or, do you have Myri-10G NICs (PCI-Express-based 10G-PCIE-8A-x)?

Do you use the GM firmware or MX firmware for Myrinet?

If you have PCIX-based or PCI-Express-based Myrinet NICs, you can use
the MX firmware.

We are developing MPICH2-MX which will be available very soon.  We do
not plan to port MPICH2 to GM.

Until then, you could use MPICH2-P4 over IP-over-Myrinet (ethernet
emulation).
     http://www.myri.com/cgi-bin/fom?file=317

Feel free to contact us at help at myri.com if you have further questions.

Susan