[MPICH] Problem in Configuring MPICH2 with option --with-device=ch3:ib on 64bit intel xeon platform!

devesh sharma devesh28 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 00:04:22 CDT 2005

Hi I am trying to configure mpich2-1.0.2p1 on intel xeon 64bit
supermicro machine  with RHEL4 OS, while configuring with following
command

# ./configure --prefix=/data3/mpich2 --with-device=ch3:ib
--with-pm=mpd --disable-romio --without-mpe

after configuring INFINIBAND CHANNEL I get following error

RUNNING CONFIGURE FOR LOCKS
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error:
C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.
configure: error: Configure of src/mpid/common/locks failed!

What do I do Please Help  me.