[MPICH] Running MPICH2 applications on Win64

David Ashton ashton at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Sep 27 15:22:20 CDT 2005

Sophie Duchesne,

In order to run an MPICH2 application on a Win64 machine you must compile
the application using the mpi.h and mpich2.lib libraries that come with the
Win64 distribution.

Mpiexec cannot be used to launch an MPICH1 application.

If you want to run an old MPICH 1.2.5 application, you can try to use mpirun
from that distribution.  But we no longer support MPICH 1.2.5.  We don't
test 32bit installations on 64bit machines.  And we encourage all users to
re-compile their applications and create Win64 binaries using the header
files and libraries from MPICH2.

-David Ashton