[MPICH] HI! let me ask you about threads

AO AA±O tglovee at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 25 18:30:26 CDT 2005

Hi. let me ask you about threads with MPICH1

I wonder whether there's no problem to use only one thread with MPICH1

hm...I guess using only one thread with MPICH1 doesn't look safe.

I want to use only one main thread to listen to the client while the
application is running.

do you think I'd better not use thread with MPICH1?

the program I made worked well without thread but after I use single
thread, sometimes

it worked and sometimes not.

I think I sent this kind of mail before. at that time, you were suggesting
me not to use MPICH

with thread. because MPICH1 is not thread safe.

so, let me make it sure. there's no problem to use single thread with MPICH
or not?

that's all I wanna ask.

take care

-Dean