[MPICH] hi...is it safe to use both thread and MPI_Barrier?

AO AA±O tglovee at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 25 03:41:34 CDT 2005

hi...I want to use the only one thread to receive the signal from clients.

it seemed to work but sometimes it could be in a deadlock.

if the fastest one's finished, it goes into MPI_Barrier()

and it will wait for other nodes until they've been finished while thread
is running.

I think it must work if thread and MPI_Barrier can be compatible.

hm..if I use MPICH2, there might be no problem to use both of them
together?

or there's no problem to use only one thread with MPICH-1

Could you give me any advice or examples?

-Dean