[MPICH] Hi..Let me ask you about FILE I/O using MPICH2

AO AA±O tglovee at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 24 23:51:26 CDT 2005

Hi..I've got a question about FILE I/O using MPICH2

this is the code i worte.

MPI_File_open(MPI_COMM_WORLD"info.txt",MPI_MODE_RDWR,MPI_INFO_NULL,&file2);

MPI_File_read_shared(file2,buf2,bufsize,MPI_CHAR,&status);

the problem is I can't read info.txt although it's in the same directory
with mpiexec.

but if I use MPI_File_wriete_shared, I could find "info.txt" and read it.

another strange thing is that if I change the name "info.txt" into
"ano_info.txt", there must be

error about not finding "info.txt"

it still can find "info.txt"...How could it be possible? maybe it's caused
by channel or file pointer.

hm..anyway, I want to use network mapped drive with FILE I/O

any suggestion for that? plz, give me some

-Dean