[MPICH] Apparent makefile bug

William Gropp gropp at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Oct 24 14:01:53 CDT 2005

At 11:11 AM 10/24/2005, Fritz Anderson wrote:
>A much better way, especially in that your way works, and mine doesn't.

The Makefile.in in src/pm/mpd along with the configure in src/pm/mpd is
missing the handling of CFLAGS that is used in the other parts of the
MPICH2 code.  (The mpd configure needs a few changes to make your solution
work).  We'll fix this for the next release, since setting CFLAGS should
work the way you expected.

Bill

>     -- F
>
>On Oct 24, 2005, at 11:10 AM, Anthony Chan wrote:
>

>>One way to work around this problem is to set
>>CC="<C-compiler> -arch ppc64" in configure.
>>
>>A.Chan
>>
>>On Mon, 24 Oct 2005, Fritz Anderson wrote:
>>

>>>In the Makefile.in file at
>>>      mpich2-1.0.2p1/src/pm/mpd/Makefile.in
>>>the make symbol CFLAGS is never defined. This is bad, at least in my
>>>compile, as I'm compiling for Mac 64-bit, and my C compile needs the
>>>"-arch ppc64" flag set.
>>>
>>>Apparent workaround is to add, at line 11 of Makefile.in
>>>
>>>CFLAGS    = @CFLAGS@
>>>
>>>      -- F
>>>
>>>Fritz Anderson
>>>Macintosh Programmer