[MPICH] about C++

llwaeva at 21cn.com llwaeva at 21cn.com
Tue Oct 18 11:17:34 CDT 2005

Hi there,
  Does anyone use c++ in parallel computing? I am working with a big
project in which the main program is written in C. I am going to rewrite
the program in c++, however, the program is too big, before any
modification, I need to know the following things

1) I am going to use std::valarray or a third-party library like blitz++
as the data container, I am not sure if data stored in such containers
are continuous or not. If not, how can I MPI_Send the buffer

2) If I need an extra buffer to store the data in std::valarray before
MPI_Send, so I need to reconstruct the valarray after the data is
received. Is it a time-consuming job?

I need you experience.

Thanks in advance.