[MPICH] Still having problems after switching to Visual Studio.net C++

David Ashton ashton at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Oct 14 15:48:11 CDT 2005

1) You should link with mpi.lib.  But we cannot say that definitively until
the next release because there is a bug in the current distribution that
makes mpi.lib not work with some applications.  If it does not work with
your code then you will have to link with mpich2.lib.

2) For Visual Studio .NET you can add link libraries to the
Properties>Linker>Input>Additional Dependencies input box.

3) cxx.lib contains the C++ interface so you only link with it if you are
using the MPI C++ interface.  If you are using the MPI C interface then you
don't need to link with that library.

-David Ashton

  _____