[MPICH] man pages missing?

Kamaraju Kusumanchi kamaraju at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 09:39:55 CDT 2005

Hi
   I compiled mpich2 1.0.2p1 from (
http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/mpi/mpich2/ ) using the following
configure line

 ./configure --enable-f90
--prefix=/home/software/compiledLibs/mpich2_1.0.2p1_gcc_4.0.2_gfortran_4.0.2

But then no man pages were produced for say mpif90, mpd, mpiexec etc.,
Which options should I enable in the configure command to get the man
pages? I looked at the installer's guide and it mentions about
--with-docdir=dir, --with-htmldir=dir but I was not sure

1) what these options actually do
2) whether these directories have be exisiting before running the
configure command or whether they automatically be created or whether
they will override the previous file (if the directory already exists)

The manual just lists the configure options but it does not clearly
tell what these options infact do. Anyhelp would be appreciated very
much.

thanks
raju