[MPICH] Problems with wrong rank and size

Yasheng Maimaitijiang maimaitijiang at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 11:21:58 CST 2005

Hi,

My program in Tomography was actually working well on several cluster
pcs before when I was using (mpich.nt.1.2.5.). But I got a problem with
ranking and size after I installed MPICH2 1.0.3, and uninstalled it
since  MPICH2 1.0.3. gave me error messages.

There are the details:
When I use mpich.nt.1.2.5., it gives me rank and size like 44468690 or such
a minus number (all the pcs are the same rank and the same size). I checked
all the configuration and installed it again, but it is still this problem.
I am using Digital Visual Fortran.

Could you tell me how can I fix this problem?

Thanks,
Maimaitijiang