[MPICH] Still having problems after switching to Visual Studio.net C++

David Ashton ashton at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Nov 11 16:15:28 CST 2005

The binary distribution of MPICH2 does not contain the debug versions of the
libraries.  If you don't want to step through the MPICH2 source code then
you can link with mpi.lib instead of mpid.lib.  If you do want to link with
mpid.lib then you will have to build MPICH2 from the source distribution.
After following the steps in the readme.windows file you will have the debug
libraries in the lib directory.  You can link with mpid.lib and you will
have to distribute mpich2mpid.dll and mpich2d.dll to all the nodes.  You
will also have to distribute msvcrtd.dll to all the nodes since Microsoft
does not distribute the debug dlls either.

-David Ashton