[MPICH] MPICH configure trouble. Signals reset

Matthew Fowler tjue1 at sussex.ac.uk
Wed Nov 9 05:58:22 CST 2005

Hi there

After googling for my problem I have stumbled upon this list. Maybe you
guys will be able to help?

I am trying to cross compile mpich 1.2.7 to an Etrax board.

When I issue:

CC="gcc-cris -mlinux" CPP="cpp-cris -mlinux" CXX="g++-cris -mlinux"
AR="ar-cris" RANLIB="ranlib-cris" ./configure
-prefix=/root/Work/axis/various/tst --with-target=cris-axis-linux-gnu
--with-host=i486-slackware-linux --disable-f77 --disable-f90
--with-cross=cris.cross

or even very simply:

CC="gcc-cris -mlinux" ./configure

I get this error:

checking for cc... no
checking whether the compiler gcc-cris -mlinux accepts ANSI
prototypes... yes
Will not  build the Fortran interfaces
checking for ar... found /usr/bin/ar (ar)
checking for whether compiler works... yes
checking whether the compiler gcc-cris -mlinux accepts ANSI
prototypes... yes
checking whether the compiler gcc-cris -mlinux accepts ## for
concatenation in cpp... yes
checking whether the compiler gcc-cris -mlinux accepts const modifier... yes
checking for extension on executables... none
checking how to run the C preprocessor
checking for AIX
checking for minix/config.h
checking for volatile... yes
Running device-specific setup program
About to do p4 device
Finished setting p4arch...
Configuring p4 subsystem...
checking for gcc... gcc-cris -mlinux
checking whether the C compiler (gcc-cris -mlinux -DMPID_NO_FORTRAN
-DMPID_NO_FORTRAN  ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (gcc-cris -mlinux -DMPID_NO_FORTRAN
-DMPID_NO_FORTRAN  ) is a cross-compiler... yes
checking whether gcc-cris -mlinux accepts -g... yes
checking whether signals work correctly... Signals reset when used!
checking whether cross-compiling... Failed to build file of local
definitions
configure in mpid/ch_p4 failed.

Does anyone here have any experience of cross compiling this version.
Any help/hints appreciated.

Cheers

Matthew Fowler