[MPICH] mpif90

William Gropp gropp at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Nov 4 07:34:15 CST 2005

At 07:03 AM 11/4/2005, Ronaldo Alves de Abreu wrote:
>Hi,
>I have installed mpich-2 on my gentoo linux, but when i try to compile a
>program i always receive the same message
>
>-c option invalid
>
>The comand is
>
>mipf90 -c hello.o hello.f90
>
>Does anybody had the same problem?

This means that the configure decided that there was a problem with Fortran
90; for example, your Fortran 90 compiler may be incompatible with your
Fortran 77 compiler.  We've fixed this for the next release (you get a
clearer message and no mpif90 script).  Check the output of configure and
see what it said about Fortran 90.

Bill

>Thanks.
>Ronaldo.