Troubles with mpich installation

paolo.zini at ipcf.cnr.it paolo.zini at ipcf.cnr.it
Mon May 23 11:00:39 CDT 2005

> >I have troubles with the mpich installation on one opteron cluster.
>
> I suggest that you try MPICH2 (www.mcs.anl.gov/mpi/mpich2) instead of
> MPICH1.  The ch_p4 device in MPICH1 performs eager sending to relatively
> large message sizes and this can sometimes run into problems when the
> messages that are being sent eagerly are larger than the socket
> buffer.  MPICH2 handles this case properly, and we're unlikely to change
> MPICH1 to fix this.
>
> Bill

Following your suggestion I have downloaded mpich2.
With portland 6.0 it dont compile.
It returns one undefinded that appears to be a debug reference, but I have
disabled the debug...

Using gcc + intel fortran it compiles without problems, but behaves
differently from the expectations: refuses to start more than a process on
each node, ignoring also the multi-cpu specifications on mpd.hosts file.
I have also some test failure...

I don't have the logs available, but I can regenerate it if you wants...

Any way my priority i sto have mpich running with Portland suite...

Paolo