MPICH2 RDMA

David Ashton ashton at mcs.anl.gov
Wed May 18 17:35:24 CDT 2005

Devesh,

We are no longer developing the rdma channel in MPICH2 because we have
integrated rdma into the shm and Infiniband channels directly and because
the rdma abstraction in the rdma channel is sub-optimal.  But anyway, in the
rdma channel there are transport mechanisms to implement rdma.  We started
with two versions of shared memory, shm and shmtp, and did some preliminary
work on using the shmem library to implement rdma.  You choose one transport
mechanism at configure time.  You don't get multi-method capability.  In
other words, you could build the rdma channel to use shared memory or
Infiniband but not both.

-David Ashton