hello all

Rusty Lusk lusk at mcs.anl.gov
Tue May 17 13:16:48 CDT 2005

> 1. Any design documents available for mpd design/architecture ?

This is an admitted gap in our documentation.  There is a paper in
Parallel Compunting (2001):

"Components and Interfaces of a Process Mangement System for Parallel
Programs", by Ralph Butler, William Gropp, and Ewing Lusk (me) that
describes the the motivation and design.  It is available at

   http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~gropp/bib/papers/2001/mpd-long.ps

It describes an earlier implementation of MPD, but the design has not
changed.

> 2. I am getting some compile errors in timer.c, need to have a closer
> look :)

Please send the output of your configure and make steps to
mpich2-maint at mcs.anl.gov if you think you have found a problem.

Regards,
Rusty Lusk