[MPICH] Heterogenous cluster MPICH2

Robert Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jun 22 15:42:36 CDT 2005

On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 12:10:22PM +1000, Philip Sydney Lavers wrote:
> I am experimenting with extending the current cluster of four
> AMD athlon64/opteron  boxes under FreeBSD.
>
> Paul1 is one of these
>
> proton is a sun sparc64 machine with Solaris9 and I just put
> python and MPICH2 onto it.

It looks like you are trying to get proton and paul1 to talk to each
other.  sparc64 and athlon64 are different endian architectures:

http://www.mcs.anl.gov/web-mail-archive/lists/mpich-discuss/2005/06/msg00060.html

Am I misunderstanding your problem?

==rob

--
Rob Latham
Argonne National Labs, IL USA                B29D F333 664A 4280 315B