[MPICH] rsh problem on Linux

Robert Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jun 13 15:59:05 CDT 2005

On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 04:01:10PM -0400, Jeffrey B. Layton wrote:
> As a user, from the command line, I can rsh to
> the box, but when I run tstmachines or any simple MPI
> code, they can't seem to rsh to the box.

I'm reaching here, because I haven't set up rsh in years, but maybe
you don't have rexec support?  if you can do "rsh <hostname> uname
-a", then you've got rexec support.  (remote execution != remote
shell).

You could also fall back to -rsh=ssh

==rob

--
Rob Latham
Argonne National Labs, IL USA                B29D F333 664A 4280 315B