[MPICH] MPICH2+MPE on windows

James S Perrin james.s.perrin at manchester.ac.uk
Mon Jul 11 09:45:59 CDT 2005

Hi,
	This is a follow up to an earlier thread (Status of MPE2 on Windows) where it
was stated that to run an mpi job with profiling you can use the (undocumented)
-log  to mpiexec (smpd only). This didn't work for my master/slave job until I
realised -log isn't a global option and has to be specified for each group of
processes.

	However I noticed while digging around in the source code -log sets the wrapper
dll to "mpe" whereas the suggested default is "mpich2mpe"
(src/util/multichannel/mpi.c). I was wondering is there any difference, I didn't
notice any when passing "-env MPI_WRAP_DLL_NAME mpich2mped" to mpiexec?

Regards
James
James S. Perrin,                   | email: james.perrin at manchester.ac.uk
Manchester Visualization Centre,   | www.sve.man.ac.uk/General/Staff/perrin
Kilburn Building, The University,  | tel: +44 161 275 6945
Manchester, England. M13 9PL.      | fax: +44 161 275 6800/6040