[MPICH] MPICH2 on WinXP-Pro cluster

PETER RAETH PeterRaeth at email.uophx.edu
Tue Aug 9 08:40:36 CDT 2005

David,

The script is exactly what I did with the earlier and latest version. The
latest version is what is now installed. However, when I tried it with the
earlier version the account mess was still in place.

What I think happened is that the account being wrongly set up by WinXP-Pro
(one name in some places, another name in others) is what caused the
problem.

The script did not work at all, with either version, until the account mess
was cleared up.

Also to be said is that I turned off the firewall and the anti-virus/worm
software during all attempts. That worked since there are no outside
connections when the system is operating as a network/cluster. As you said
earlier, the firewall can be told to allow specific users.

Best,

Peter.

Peter Raeth, Ph.D., Faculty
University of Phoenix (Online Campus)