[MPICH] start mpd if it has not started

Kamaraju Kusumanchi kamaraju at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 11:53:28 CDT 2005

I can use mpd& to initialize the process management and use mpdallexit
to close it.

But, I would like to have something like "start mpd only if it has not
already been started". Can I do this with current mpich2? By default
mpd is giving the following error when there is already another
instance of it running.

$mpd &
[2] 8055

$An mpd is already running with console at /tmp/mpd2.console_rajulocal
on kusumanchi.
Start mpd with the -n option for second mpd on same host.

[2]+  Exit 255                mpd

This is very inconvenient for scripting (I can always direct the error
messages to /dev/null but that is not very elegant).

raju

--
Please bottom (inline) post to my messages instead of top posting.