[Mochi-devel] Release of mercury 2.0.0

Jerome Soumagne jsoumagne at hdfgroup.org
Fri Oct 30 16:51:53 CDT 2020

We are very pleased to announce that the release of mercury 2.0.0 is
now available and can be downloaded from:
        http://mercury-hpc.github.io/download/
or
        https://github.com/mercury-hpc/mercury/releases/tag/v2.0.0

Spack package update will also be available soon.

Major features include:
 * Support for immediate lookups through HG_Addr_lookup2() (note that
the callback version of HG_Addr_lookup will be deprecated in a future
release)
 * Improved support of libfabric and support of new tcp provider
 * Improved shared-memory plugin with full connection-less endpoints
support
 * Improved bulk interface with more efficient handling of I/O with
small segment count
 * Improved efficiency of mercury proc routines
 * Improved polling mechanism
 * Improved cancellation of operations and error handling
 * Improved error / warning and debug logging
 * Removed CMake options (MERCURY_USE_SM_ROUTING,
MERCURY_ENABLE_POST_LIMIT, MERCURY_USE_SELF, MERCURY_USE_EAGER_BULK),
options are now controlled at runtime, through HG_Init_opt().

Please see the accompanying changelog for more details:
        https://github.com/mercury-hpc/mercury/blob/v2.0.0/CHANGELOG

Please submit any issue you may encounter to:
        https://github.com/mercury-hpc/mercury/issues

Thanks again to everyone who contributed to this release.