[Mochi-devel] spack package renaming in sds-repo

Carns, Philip H. carns at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Mar 5 10:39:13 CST 2020

Hi all,

We have just in the last couple of days renamed many of the packages in the sds-repo spack repository (If you aren't using spack you can safely ignore the rest of this email).  This was mainly done to normalize names and also make it easier to find related Mochi components in spack.

For the most part, mochi components just gained a "mochi-" or "py-mochi-" prefix:

[carns at carns-x1-7g mochi]$ cd sds-repo/packages
[carns at carns-x1-7g packages (master)]$ ls |grep mochi
mochi-abt-io
mochi-all
mochi-bake
mochi-ch-placement
mochi-margo
mochi-mdcs
mochi-poesie
mochi-remi
mochi-sdsdkv
mochi-sdskv
mochi-ssg
mochi-thallium
py-mochi-all
py-mochi-bake
py-mochi-margo
py-mochi-remi
py-mochi-sdskv
py-mochi-ssg
py-mochi-tmci

There are also two new "-all" packages that will act as meta-packages, mostly for build tests.

We did *not* change any actual code, headers, or libraries.   This is only a change to spack package naming.

We also did *not* change the names of any top level services constructed atop mochi components; examples in the sds-repo include hepnos, flamestore, and mobject.

For the moment there are aliases (essentially empty spack packages that inherit definitions) for each of the old names, so nothing should break right now.  The old names are deprecated, though, so please update sds-repo and start using the new-style names when you can.  When we upstream stable snapshots to the upstream spack repos we will only use the new naming scheme.

thanks!
-Phil