[Mochi-devel] Serializing raw buffers in mercury

Dorier, Matthieu mdorier at anl.gov
Thu Feb 6 11:45:27 CST 2020

Hi Philip,

Here is an example of how it's done in one of our services:
https://xgitlab.cels.anl.gov/sds/sds-keyval/blob/master/src/sdskv-rpc-types.h#L18

Thanks,

Matthieu

On 06/02/2020, 10:12, "mochi-devel on behalf of Philip Davis" <mochi-devel-bounces at lists.mcs.anl.gov on behalf of philip.e.davis at rutgers.edu> wrote:

    Hello,

    I have a need to serialize a simple raw buffer (void * and length.) I’m looking at the “serializing complex data structures” page on the Margo documentation, and I want to make sure I’m doing this right. Should I be writing an hg_proc_* function that serializes the hg_size_t and uses hg_proc_raw to copy the buffer, or is there some existing hg_proc_* function I can leverage to encode/decode the buffer/length pair in a single call? It doesn’t look to me like hg_proc_raw can do this, since the length is copied by value.

    Thanks,
    Philip