[Mochi-devel] building against Merury origin/master, upcoming changes

Phil Carns carns at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Mar 26 09:29:42 CDT 2018

Hi all,

If you have tried to build Margo against Mercury's origin/master lately,
then you've already noticed that this doesn't work at the moment :)  The
short term fix is to use revision
6c82baf7819a553b6b8235fbe7c180989a1e17fe of Mercury, before the changes
landed that broke the Margo library.

We are working on a solution that will get origin/master of Margo and
Mercury back in sync, and also generally improve how Margo multiplexes
services.  This is actually one of 3 changes we are working on at the
moment to improve general maintenance and deployment of Margo (and thus
several other Mochi components):

1) see above, fix multiplexing in Margo and bring it back in sync with
Mercury

2) eliminate abt-snoozer dependency.  We are working on upstreaming the
capability we need in origin/master of Argobots if we can

3) eliminate boost dependency.  We are investigating the possibility of
embedding the subset of boost headers that Mercury needs into the
Mercury repo so that it no longer needs an external boost install

At any rate, the upshot is: Please pardon our dust, it will be better
soon, use an older revision of Mercury for now, and we'll let you know
when things are fixed!

thanks,

-Phil