[MOAB-dev] [EXTERNAL] Re: [CELS WordPress Sites] MOAB DoF numbering

Mahadevan, Vijay S. mahadevan at anl.gov
Tue Jun 1 17:11:12 CDT 2021

Ok so if you are using DMMoab, then:

> So node ID 0 maps to DoFs 0,1,2; node ID 1 maps to DoF 3,4,5; etc.? Or is that not the case in general?

This is in general correct. This is the blocked numbering. There is also an option to turn this off and get an interlaced numbering where all Dofs of first field are arranged first, then next field etc. Such numbering really comes back to the type of solver and preconditioner that you want to use.

Hope that helps.

Best,
Vijay