[MOAB-dev] Gmsh msh file format version 4 reader

Vijay S. Mahadevan vijay.m at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 17:27:26 CDT 2018

Hi Madhu,

> 1.  How to access the PhysicalNames and the associated elements, after
> an msh file was read by moab?

After the mesh read, the material id's should be available as part of
the MATERIAL_SET. However, we don't have a good way to actually store
the physical names corresponding to the material IDs. So those are
probably ignored; however I don't have a mesh example to test this at
the moment to verify the behavior.

> 2. Are there any plans for adding the compatibility of msh version 4?

We haven't looked at the latest format changes yet. If you can adapt
the reader I/O code for the new format, we would be happy to take a
pull request and add the changes to master. I'm a bit swamped at the
moment but may have some time the second half of October if it can
wait.

Vijay