[MOAB-dev] ghost/halo elements

Vijay S. Mahadevan vijay.m at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 13:17:13 CDT 2018

Ryan,

You need to use the ParallelComm object in MOAB to call
exchange_ghost_cells [1] with appropriate levels of ghost layers for
your mesh. This needs to be done after the mesh is loaded, or you can
pass this information also as part of the options when loading a file
and MOAB will internally load the file with ghosted layers. Here's an
example [2].

Vijay

[1] http://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/fathom/moab-docs-develop/classmoab_1_1ParallelComm.html#a55dfa308f56fd368319bfb4244428878
[2] http://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/fathom/moab-docs-develop/HelloParMOAB_8cpp-example.html