[MOAB-dev] GLOBAL_IDs, building map from moab mesh

Vijay S. Mahadevan vijay.m at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 17:35:50 CST 2015

Well mbconvert is a static conversion i.e., we do not change any
data/layout or partition information from your source file and we just
propagate it to the target. mbpart is intrusive in this respect and
re-partitioning relies on assigning GLOBAL_ID's for creating the right
partition data.

So yes, the defaults "should" be different. I think the relevant
question is whether we need an extra option for mbconvert ?