[MOAB-dev] Quadratic pyramid faces

Jacob Hochhalter Jacob.D.Hochhalter at nasa.gov
Tue Nov 3 12:25:10 CST 2015

I'm attaching 2 moab files which correspond to before and after the
change to illustrate what I am getting.

Just generating the Pyramid13 will not induce the error, you will need
to add the element's faces to the moab database to see the error. To
provide some context, in our code, we have defined some volume elements
(quadratic pyramids, in this case), and then assemble a surface (as a
set of faces of elements).

Here is a snippet of code which should illustrate what we are doing when
the Tri7 and Quad7 types are generated by moab:

"facet_set" is the vector of element face entity handles being defined
"name" is just a string name to give the set

"
           vector<EntityHandle> facet_set
           EntityHandle set_hnd;
           if (MB_SUCCESS != mb->create_meshset(MESHSET_SET, set_hnd, 0)) {
             EXCEPT("'create_meshset' failed.");
           }
           name_map.insert(make_pair(name, set_hnd));
           Tag tag_hnd;
           if (MB_SUCCESS != mb->tag_get_handle(NAME_TAG_NAME,
NAME_TAG_SIZE,
                                                MB_TYPE_OPAQUE, tag_hnd,
MB_TAG_SPARSE|MB_TAG_CREAT))
             { EXCEPT("'tag_get_handle' failed."); }

           char buf[32] = {};
           copy(name.begin(),
                (name.size() >= 32 ? name.begin()+32 : name.end()), buf);

           if (MB_SUCCESS != mb->tag_set_data(tag_hnd, &set_hnd, 1, buf))
             { EXCEPT("'tag_set_data' failed."); }

           if (MB_SUCCESS != mb->add_entities(set_hnd, &facet_set[0],
                                              (int) facet_set.size()))
             { EXCEPT("'add_entities' failed."); }
"

- Jake