[MOAB-dev] parallel i/o, not all vertices owned?

Grindeanu, Iulian R. iulian at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Nov 1 22:50:45 CST 2015

Sorry,
I didn't see all these messages until now.
these numbers refer only to vertices that are "shared" on  each local task

there are vertices on a task that are not shared with anybody, so they are owned by the local process

The example, again, refers only to shared entities

after ghosting, the number of shared entities grows (as ghost layers are exchanged too)

In moab, the convention is in general that the lower rank task owns the vertex if it is shared with other tasks.

So in the beginning (without  any ghosting), all shared vertices are owned by either task 0 or 1