[MOAB-dev] Debian package

Nico Schlömer nico.schloemer at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 11:37:00 CDT 2015

Hi everyone,

After having cleaned up CMake a little bit [1], I'm now looking at the
Debian package of MOAB [2]. I see it hasn't been updated in a while and
indeed there are some problems with it. (For example, it doesn't install
all ITAPS headers properly.)

Before diving in, I was asking myself what level of granularity you guys
want with the packages. For example, is it really necessary to have
moab-itaps as a separate package? Although there are ways to deal with
this, bundling it all together in the packages
```
libmoab0
libmoab-dev
moab-bin
(libmoab-doc)
```
would make the `debian/` folder somewhat easier to maintain.

Let me know what your thoughts are.

Cheers,
Nico

[1] https://bitbucket.org/fathomteam/moab/pull-requests/135/cmake-cleanup